Here is an interesting fact to share. Nowadays each one of us carries Wi-Fi mobile devices and always fears that it may be stolen or robbed.
Each mobile carries a unique IMEI i.e. International Mobile Identity which can be used to track your mobile anywhere in the world.
This is how it works.
1. Dial *#06# from your mobile.
2. Your mobile shows a unique 15 digit no. (You do have these 15 digits - try it)
3. Note down this number anywhere but except your mobile as this is the number which will help trace your mobile in case of a theft or robbery.
4. Once stolen or robbed, you just have to mail these 15 digit IMEI no. to email@example.com
5. No need to go to the police.
6. Your Mobile phone will be traced within the next 24 hrs via a complex system of GPRS and internet.
7. You will find where your hand set is being operated even in case your number is being changed.